Accounts Recieveble Specialist
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for accurately invoicing our clients on a timely basis for services performed and ensuring payments are received from customers per the agreed upon payment terms. This position is also responsible for the posting of cash receipts, sending out customer statements, requesting insurance certificates and verifying customer credit information. The A/R Specialist will update sales tax tables as required to ensure the appropriate sales tax is invoiced based on items purchased/rented and where services are performed.
- Generate and post customer invoices accurately and daily.
- Post cash receipts accurately and daily
- Review accounts receivable aging report frequently to ensure payments are received by customers by the required due date. Follow up with customers on all overdue balances until payment is received.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger balance to ensure all payments and invoices are accounted for and properly posted to the general ledger.
- Verify payment discrepancies and resolve all client inquiries promptly
- Generate and send out monthly statements to customers
- Request certificates of insurance from customers where required prior to commencement of work.
- Update sales tax tables as required to ensure the appropriate sales tax rate is used for all invoices generated
- Review credit requests from customers and communicate findings to CFO
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting degree preferred; other candidates will be considered
- 0 -5 years’ accounts receivable experience preferably in the events, distribution, construction or related industries.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and deadline orientated.
- Professional manner with excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with Sage 300 Accounting Software or similar accounting application preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess strong analytical, critical thinking and judgment skills.
- Acts to raise issues to proper level.
- Holds self and others accountable for results.
- Desire to help to automate, streamline and document processes.
- Self-starter with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Direct Reports: None
This job operates in a professional office environment and or warehouse office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Floating Holiday