Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for accurately and efficiently entering all information in our accounting system to process expenses including coding invoices, data entry, generating checks and ACH payments. Ensure disbursements are made per vendor and company terms. This position will also be responsible for issuing 1099’s, processing expense reports, travel per diems and other expenses as required.
- Reviews, codes and enters vendor invoices into the accounting system daily. Compares invoices to purchase orders and resolves any discrepancies prior to entering invoices in the accounting system.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; payment due dates; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop payments or purchase order amendments.
- Process expense reports and per diems per company policy.
- Post invoices and payments accurately and daily.
- Reconciles vendor statements monthly to ensure all expenses are accounted for. Contact vendors for missing invoices as required.
- Set up new vendors per company policy.
- Process the monthly credit card statements including coding of transaction and ensuring support documentation is provided.
- Assist in the monthly accrual process for expenses working with the accounting team to ensure all expenses are accounted for.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Accounting degree preferred; other candidates will be considered
- 0 -5 years’ accounts receivable experience preferably in the events, distribution, construction or related industries.
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and deadline orientated.
- Professional manner with excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with Sage 300 Accounting Software or similar accounting application preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess strong analytical, critical thinking and judgment skills.
- Acts to raise issues to proper level.
- Holds self and others accountable for results.
- Desire to help to automate, streamline and document processes.
- Self-starter with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Direct Reports: None
This job operates in a professional office environment and or warehouse office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Floating Holiday